Thursday, February 9, 2012

Are birth records part of the public record?

I believe my ex-wife had a baby before I met her. She probably would have had it in Missouri in 1975. Is it possible to go back to look in vital statistics (state and county) and get this information? If she indeed had a baby, it would have been put up for adoption.Are birth records part of the public record?
And why would you care? Is the baby yours? If not, leave it alone. That's her personal business. And yes births are public record but probably because if there was an adoption that might not be public.
I don't care about her EXCEPT for the fact that she's got a personality disorder and she is still doing things (harassment via lawyer). If I had this info, I could threaten to "tell everyone" and she would leave me along. Public opinion is the only thing that will make her stop.

Report Abuse

Are birth records part of the public record?
Yes, it "is" a matter of public records...(I checked myself in fact, on a girl I once knew :)...



You go to your County Courthouse or City Courthouse and look up births..(usually a huge book that has all the births recorded for the City, or surrounding area).



I wish you well..



JesseAre birth records part of the public record?
I believe it depends on the indivual state, but go on the website and check it out. You will probably need specific dates, etc. Just a question though -- why do you care if she is your ex?
not in my town ( a very small town in Illinois) Everybody knows everybody's business so it doesn't matter.
I know death records, and the birth records of those who are dead are released to the public...



I dont know that birth records would be... since you could possibly end up getting access to someones birth certificate, which is part of their identity. Those things are protected.
Most birth records are part of the public records. But it depends on which states you are in. And if it has to do with adoptions those records are closed.



I don't know why it would matter if she is your ex wife unless you are trying to dig up dirt on her. And I will tell ya what your wife did thirty one years ago will not hold up water in court and will only make you look like a fool if you want to go back that far to start trouble for some reason.

If you think she had your child just flat out ask her. but I am willing to bet if after thirty one years if nobody has tried to contact her or she has not tried to contact anyone there is no other child.



A child knows when they have been adopted even without being told. and they start asking questions very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment