Thursday, February 9, 2012

How can I found out, though public records, who would have won the auction of my storage unit?

It has been about three years and I am wondering if I can track down any of my old stuff that I lost in a storage unit that was auctioned off. I am wanting to buy my stuff back by possibly finding out what this person had done at the time he or she won the auction. Did they sell on ebay, or keep the stuff, or garage sale, or what... Is there any way I can find out the buyer of that auction?



Thank youHow can I found out, though public records, who would have won the auction of my storage unit?
I can't imagine any way you could find out. Even if the owners of the storage facility had for some reason kept records of who they sold which particular lots to -- and that's not too likely -- it would be a gross violation of their customers' privacy for them to give you the names and addresses of the people they sold things to.



Your things are gone for good.How can I found out, though public records, who would have won the auction of my storage unit?
If it was in a storage unit, the auction was private and there are no public records. If the bidder paid cash, there is even less likelihood that there is a written record of the transaction outside of the sale itself. You also don't have much leverage with the storage company since you forfeited any rights to the property when you got behind on the unit rental.How can I found out, though public records, who would have won the auction of my storage unit?
Its only possible if the place where you kept your stuff actually held the auction and kept records of who bought what. You'll need your receipts to show which lot (unit) was yours, and perhaps the attendant can help you. Three years is a long time to wait to find out this vital information.

No comments:

Post a Comment