Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Can you seal marriage records from the public in Colorado, and what is the specific statute or law code?

An aquaintance claims that her marriage records are sealed by her own legal right to do so. She is a collosal leg-puller but swears that even the fact that I know the person she says she married well enough to know where he was born, what his mother's maiden name is, of course his address and all that but also his marriage history will not help me. I laughed and told her that marriage records were always public else rich glitterati would never get "outed" but she insists. I would like to know the easiest way to track if such a marriage ever happened in Colorado, and if not, is this a blanket law in every state? Also since she is always dumbfounded when I quote chapter and verse, I would love to know the statutes that address this specifically, and if I could prove how I could access public records, it would shut her up for a while! (I love research so she throws these little challenges at me now and again. So far I win.)Can you seal marriage records from the public in Colorado, and what is the specific statute or law code?
The State of Colorado actually lets you search marriage records online: http://www.sctc.state.co.us/marriages/de鈥?/a>Can you seal marriage records from the public in Colorado, and what is the specific statute or law code?
Hahahahahaha, I have to laugh, if any thing may be sealed it would be criminal records not marriege. I am from Colorado and am in Navada at current, No person in any state has that power because your SS# would bring up all the info any how.

No comments:

Post a Comment