Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Are marriages (legal unions) public records like traffic tickets?

When I get a ticket, I received a lot of letters from lawyers who wish to represent me. Now I guess it's because it becomes public records. I am wondering if marriages ( legal unions ) are also public records. I am attempting to find out because of a honey moon company I want to lunch.



ThanksAre marriages (legal unions) public records like traffic tickets?
I think you have a different point of view regarding public records. Your getting a ticket and letters from lawyers to represent you and marriages are two different things. It is considered public once the marriage is official it is in the record. But requesting a list of people getting married is not considered public display and can acquired by almost everyone who like to have it.



Marriages of two people are also consider private function or occasion and only the record is consider public. I do not see your point of having to have a list of people getting married with their addresses in order to send them advertising offers. If only advertising is your motto or slogan you can try the bill board or neon lights down town advertising your products or your company why bother to acquire a list of people getting married for? I do not see the point of your advertisement and the people getting married. And people getting married do not like solicitation or ads or letters from unknown sources, so they just might throw your ads down the toilet or garbage can.Are marriages (legal unions) public records like traffic tickets?
Yes. Marriage certificates are usually kept on file at the city clerk's office and are public record.

No comments:

Post a Comment